Ashford Poet Laureate
All Submissions Must be Received by
February 28, 2020
The Ashford Arts Council (AAC) requests applications for consideration as the Poet Laureate for the town of Ashford. Applicants should be recognized for a long-standing involvement in poetry and should demonstrate passion and expertise in poetry.
The Poet Laureate, in coordination with the AAC, will be expected to fulfill a number of duties over a 3-year appointment, some of which may include:
- organize and / or participate in poetry readings open to the public
- read a poem at AAC and town events
- write or find poems about the community, historical events, figures, etc.
- visit schools and work with students
- present poetry workshops for the AAC
- facilitate the publication of an anthology of poetry by community members
- work with the local library to create a poetry corner or collection of poetry books by CT authors
An Honorarium of $600 ($200 per year) will be provided.
Please submit this application to:
91 Perry Hill Road,
Ashford, CT 06278
or by email: email@example.com
If you have any questions, please call, text, or email
Christine 860-617-5609; firstname.lastname@example.org