Ashford Poet Laureate
The Ashford Arts Council (AAC) requests applications for consideration as the Poet Laureate for the town of Ashford. Applicants should be recognized for a long-standing involvement in poetry and should demonstrate passion and expertise in poetry.
The Poet Laureate, in coordination with the AAC, will be expected to fulfill a number of duties over a 3-year appointment, some of which may include:
- organize and / or participate in poetry readings open to the public
- read a poem at AAC and town events
- write or find poems about the community, historical events, figures, etc.
- visit schools and work with students
- present poetry workshops for the AAC
- facilitate the publication of an anthology of poetry by community members
- work with the local library to create a poetry corner or collection of poetry books by CT authors
An Honorarium of $600 ($200 per year) will be provided.
Please submit this application to:
91 Perry Hill Road,
Ashford, CT 06278
or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please call, text, or email
Christine 860-617-5609; email@example.com