Ashford Poet Laureate
The Ashford Arts Council (AAC) is in the final stages of choosing a Poet Laureate for the town of Ashford.
The Poet Laureate, in coordination with the AAC, will be expected to fulfill a number of duties over a 3-year appointment, some of which may include:
- organize and / or participate in poetry readings open to the public
- read a poem at AAC and town events
- write or find poems about the community, historical events, figures, etc.
- visit schools and work with students
- present poetry workshops for the AAC
- facilitate the publication of an anthology of poetry by community members
- work with the local library to create a poetry corner or collection of poetry books by CT authors
An Honorarium of $600 ($200 per year) will be provided.